Whenever we receive some documents from others either through courier or through speed then we need to acknowledge them. So that the sender of the documents will know that the documents were sent successfully.
In the majority of cases, these acknowledgment copies will work as legal proofs. Now everything became digital so even a copy of the acknowledgment email will also be legal proof.
How to Write an Acknowledgement Email to Confirm Receipt of Documents
- It is always better to send the acknowledgement email as early as possible after receiving the documents. So that the sender will be aware that you received the documents and which will also make you not forget about sending an acknowledgment email.
- Send acknowledgment email to the right person who is responsible for sending documents.
- Mention the list of the documents which you have received.
- Make the subject clear that you received the documents and don’t make any grammatical mistakes while sending the email.
- Don’t forget to mention the ‘cc’, send ‘cc’ to all the responsible persons who involve in that particular transaction.
Also read: Salary negotiation letter sample
Acknowledgement Email to Confirm Receipt of Documents Format
Sub: Receipt of acknowledgement for received documents
Dear ________(name of the person),
This is to acknowledge that we have received the documents on ________(Date of receiving documents) though_____________(name of the courier service). We are glad to receive the documents at right time. Here are the details of the received documents.
Kindly respond to this mail if all the documents are correct and treat this mail as a formal acknowledgment copy from us for receiving your documents.
Note: If the documents are valid then it is always better to take a printed copy of acknowledgement from the receiver, otherwise you can accept an email copy of acknowledgment.