Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)has introduced a new scheme for employees by considering the present situation of employment in India. As we know the trend of employment is gradually changing in India from permanent to temporary. Here are the details of Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna…
What Is Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna
As per this scheme whenever an employee loses the job then the Employee state insurance corporation will pay 25% of average daily earnings for 90 days. The average earnings per day will be calculated by considering the last 4 ESIC contribution periods salary.
The scheme was announced in the 175th meeting of ESIC corporation held on 19 September 2018 under the Chairmanship of Sri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Union minister of state for labor and employment.
The main reason for bringing this scheme is every person couldn’t able to get a govt job, and at the same time private jobs are not permanent. Because most of the private organizations are taking employees in contract basic and sometimes employees are also switching their jobs for better opportunities.
Also read: How to use ESIC card in private hospital
Eligibility Criteria for Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana Scheme
- The employee must contribute minimum of 2 years for ESIC.
- Employees should contribute minimum of 78 days in each ESIC contribution period for the last Four ESIC contribution periods.
- The reason for unemployment should resign or layoff of the company. Incase employee is terminated due to punishment by the employer, superannuation, retirement or voluntary retirement then they are not eligible for this scheme.
- During the period of availing Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana Scheme, employees are not eligible for other ESIC cash benefits. But they can avail ESIC medical benefits as usual.
- ESI members should claim their amount within 1 year from the date of unemployment. After 1 year they are not eligible to claim their amount.
- ESI members can utilize this scheme only once in their lifetime.
How To Apply For Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna Scheme
ESI members can check their eligibility for Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana scheme at ESIC IP portal. Here is the step by step process on how to apply for Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana Scheme.
Step 1: Go to esic IP portal and enter your ESIC IP number and type the captcha and click on login.
Step 2: Now at the bottom of the home page of the ESIC IP portal there is an option called Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana claim creation, now click on that.
Step 3: If you are eligible for the scheme as per the above points then you can find an option to apply for ABVKY scheme, otherwise you can find a message that you are not eligible for the scheme.
Step 4: If you are eligible then enter all the required information such as your Aadhar number, bank account details, etc. After entering all the details you will get Two forms AB 1 and AB 2.
Step 5: Form AB 1 has to be filled by the employee and AB 2 has to be filled by the employer. After filling these forms submit them to your regional ESIC office. If everything is fine then they will credit your claim amount into your bank account.