The simplest way to recover forgot UAN numbers is by giving a missed call to ✆ 011-22901406 (or) by using the “know your UAN option” on the UAN portal (or) by contacting your HR department (or) by checking your payslips.
If you cannot find forgot UAN by missed call then you can find it online on the UAN member portal website.
How to Recover Forgot UAN Number Online
Step 1: To find your UAN go to the UAN member portal website and click on the know your UAN option on the home page.
Step 2: Now enter your PF registered mobile number (or) any other mobile number which is not yet linked to other PF accounts. Now enter the captcha appearing on the screen and click on request OTP.
Step 3: After validating the OTP a new page will open. Here enter your name, DOB, and select your Aadhar (or) PAN (or) PF member ID.
Note: If your PF account is not linked with your Aadhar & PAN then choose the member ID option.
Step 4: Now enter your Aadhar or PAN or PF member ID, and type the captcha and click on show my UAN. Now you can see your UAN on the screen.
Other Ways to Recover Forgot UAN
- Give missed call to ✆ 011-22901406 from your PF registered mobile number, within 1-2 minutes you will receive your PF details in the form of a text message to your mobile number.
- Contact your HR / Accounts department, they will have the PF data of the employees. So they can give your UAN number.
- Check your payslips, some companies print UAN numbers on payslips, if you are lucky then you can find your UAN there.
- Check your old messages in your mobile inbox, some times EPFO will send text messages whenever your employer credits the PF amount in your PF account. In those text messages also you can find your UAN.
Forgot My UAN Number & Mobile Number What to Do ?
- To know your UAN number you don’t need PF registered mobile number if your KYC such as Aadhar, bank are already linked to your PF account (or) at least if you know your PF account number.
- If your case fulfills any above requirements then you can easily find your forgot UAN using the know your UAN option in the UAN portal.
- If you don’t fulfill any of the above requirements then you have to contact the HR of your company.
Forgot My UAN & KYC are Also Not LInked to UAN, What to Do?
- Visit your PF office and make a request to link your Aadhar number to your PF account, after linking your Aadhar you can find your forgot UAN online by using the know your UAN option on the UAN portal.
- You have to submit a request letter and your Aadhar card copy to the PF office to link it.
If you know your old company’s PF account number then you can find your previous company’s UAN using the know your UAN option in the UAN portal, otherwise, you have to contact the previous company’s HR department (or) check your old payslips.
You can use the PF member id option (or) contact your employer because they will have the data of their employee in the form of monthly ECR statements.
Step 1: Go to the UAN member portal.
Step 2: Click on forgot password option.
Step 3: Enter your UAN and captcha showing on the screen.
Step 4: Now select the mobile number, and click on send OTP.
Step 5: Now enter the OTP and set a new password for your UAN member portal.
In that case, you have to visit your PF office, only they can provide your UAN.
No, it is not possible to withdraw the PF amount without a UAN number in both the online and offline processes.
Without your UAN you cannot download your PF passbook and you cannot link your KYC to your PF account and finally, you cannot withdraw your PF amount online.
One UAN, if you have multiple UANs then you have to transfer your PF amount from your old PF accounts to a new PF account. At present Aadhar is mandatory to create a PF account for employees, so in the future, you cannot get another UAN with the same Aadhar number.