As an accounts fresher, your resume should highlight your education, accounting knowledge, and skills. Even if you do not have accounting experience, it is preferable to use accounting terminology in your resume, so that your job chances will increase.
A simple and efficient resume with 1-2 pages will help you to get your first job in the field of accounting.
Below are a few examples of accounting resume formats for fresher accountants in India, which you can download in Word format.
Fresher Accountant Resume 1
Fresher Accountant Resume 2
Fresher Accountant Resume 3
Fresher Accountant Resume 4
Fresher Accountant Resume 5
Skills for Accountant Resume
- Strong understanding of basic accounting procedures
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Tally ERP Software
- Knowledge of bank reconciliations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and task completion skills
- Journal and ledger entries
- Knowledge of TDS, VAT, and GST
- Book Keeping
- Ability to manage debtors’ and creditors’ payments
- Ability to prepare daily and monthly MIS
- Ability to prepare error-free financial reports
Tips: How to Write a Resume for an Accountant
- Choose the right format: As a fresher a reverse chronological resume format is the best option, where you can highlight your latest education followed by the previous education details. Once you start gaining experience, you need to put your most recent work history.
- Career objective: Your career objective is a statement that tells about your goals, and skills.
- Education: Highlight your recent degree and include the name of the course, the name of the college or university, the year of successful completion, and your academic score.
- Relevant skills: As an accountant job seeker you need to mention all your skills related to accounting. Even if you have basic knowledge still it is better to include them in your resume.
- Any relevant information like certifications: Finally if you have done accounting-related courses, mention those certification details as well. (Otherwise not mandatory).
Career Objectives for Fresher Accountants
- To seek an opportunity in a well-known organization that allows me to develop and enhance my skills, and become a valuable part of the organization’s growth.
- To work with a reputed organization where I can utilize my accounting knowledge and skills for the growth of the company, and I tend to acquire some practical knowledge.
- To obtain an entry-level position in a progressive organization that offers many opportunities to develop and utilize my skills for the growth of the business and myself.
- Looking for a challenging role in accounts, where my knowledge and skills can make a significant impact on the growth of the business.
- To associate with a reputed organization where my knowledge and skills can be efficiently utilized and help in building my career in the field of accounts.