It is the responsibility of every employee to handover duties and responsibilities to the new employee when he or she leaves the present organization. Here you can find some different handover job to colleague email samples which you can share with your colleagues.
Handover of Work Responsibilities and Duties Email Samples
Employee To Colleagues
This the format that you need to share with your colleagues, to intimate them about your new replacement in the organization and also to thank them for sharing their support with you.
Sub: Thanking you all for your support.
This is to inform you that I am leaving the organization on _________. Here I would like to convey my thanks to all of you for your ultimate love and support. I am glad to introduce Mr ________ as a replacement for mine and he needs all your support. Again I would like to thank all of you and you can be in touch with me at 9123XXXX25.
Sub: Job Handing Over to Mr/Ms/Mrs_________.
As you all aware that I am moving to a new job and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for sharing your valuable support and knowledge. It is a pleasure to meet you guys.
I would also like to intimate that Mr/Ms/Mrs ___________ joined in my place and you can contact him/her from tomorrow.
I look forward to meet all of you whenever it possible.
All the best,
Sub: Job Handing Over to Mr/Mrs/Ms _______
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce Mr/Mrs/Ms _______________. As you all aware that I am moving to a new job, and Mr/Mrs/Ms ______________ is joined in my place. I hope you keep on continue your support and love on him/her as you people shown on me.
And again I am thanking you every one for being a great support to me during my tenure at the __________ (company name).
All the best,
Employer To Employee
This format can be used by the employer for handing over of job responsibilities to the new employee who joins in the place of the previous employee.
Sub: Request to Handover Duties to Mr/Ms/Mrs _________.
Dear Mr _________,
As per your resignation dated on _________we would like to request you to please handover your duties and responsibilities to Mr _________before your last working date. We also request you to please take an acknowledgment from the new employee that all the duties & responsibilities along with important documents are submitted and submit the copy to the HR department.
Employee To Customers
This format can be used to send an intimation to your customers regarding handing over your job responsibilities to the new employee.
Sub : Duties handing over intimation to Mr/Ms/Mrs _________.
Dear Sir / Madam,
This is to inform you that I am leaving my organization on _______ and Mr ____________joined as a replacement of mine. So if you have any product or service related issues please contact the same mobile number which will be held at Mr_________ after my last working date. In the meanwhile, I will definitely take some time to personally introduce him and if you have any queries please call me.
Tips to Write Good Handing Over Duties Email
- The emails should show your intention to keep in the network of your colleagues even after leaving the job.
- Thank your employer and colleagues for sharing their support, knowledge, and experience.
- Use separate email templates and subject lines while sending handing over email to colleagues and customers.
- Intimate your customers immediately after the acceptance of your resignation.
- Take the acknowledgment from the new employee after handing over everything to him, who is joining in your place.
- If possible share your mobile number to keep in touch with your office friends after leaving the job.
Subject Lines for Job Handover Email
You need to mention the subject line depending on the person to whom you are sending your handover job email.
For example if you are sending email to your colleagues then you can use below subject lines.
- Goodbye to all my dear colleagues.
- Thanks and good by message to all my colleagues.
- Thanking all of you for your kind support.
- Missing all my colleagues.
- Job handing over to Mr/Ms/Mrs._____
If you are sending handover job email to your customers then you can use below subject lines
- Job handover intimation to Mr/Ms/Mrs________
- Mr/Ms/Mrs __________ joined in my place.
- Job change intimation.
- My job handover to Mr/Ms/Mrs _________
Also read: Handover completion email to manager