Whenever the companies do internal transfers from one location to another location then they need to issue a transfer letter to that particular employee. The letter should contain the effective date of transfer, location of transfer, reporting manager name, and any other benefits given to the employees.
Here are the sample internal transfer letters from one job location to another job location from the employer to the employee, which you can download in Word format.
Transfer Letter to Employee (Format 1)
Transfer Letter to Employee (Format 2)
Transfer Letter to Employee (Format 3)
Transfer Letter to Employee (Format 4)
Guide Lines to Write a Transfer Letter By Employer
- Write a proper subject line that indicates the letter is about the employee transfer.
- Mention the new location of the company branch where the employee is getting a transfer.
- Mentioned the effective date of transfer.
- If the employee is getting any additional benefits such as promotion or salary hike then mention those details.
- If needed mention the details of the new reporting manager.
- Finally, say all the best to the employee in his/her new job role.
What is a job transfer letter from the employer?
It is a formal letter issued to employees by the employer during the internal job transfers from one branch to another branch of different locations.
Can employees request a job transfer to another branch?
Yes, even employees can also request job transfers, but the final decision will be taken by the company management.
Can companies transfer employees whenever they want it?
It depends on the terms and conditions mentioned in your appointment letter. So before signing the transfer letter read the terms and conditions thoroughly.
What are the best reasons for an employee job transfer?
Work-related reasons such as shortage of manpower, new branches opening and personal reason of employees can also be considered.
- Job transfer request letter due to parents’ health problems.
- Sample transfer request letter on spouse ground.