When you decide to do an MBA then the next question that arises in your mind is which stream of MBA is good and which has more job opportunities. MBA HR, finance and marketing are popular specializations in MBA that most universities are offering.
There are some other specializations that are also there like MBA hotel management, tourism management, digital marketing etc, but only few universities and colleges offer these courses.
Which is Best MBA HR Vs Marketing Vs Finance
You can choose any one of these fields based on your interest and your inbuilt strengths. Lets see which specialization suits to whom
|MBA HR||MBA Finance||MBA Marketing|
|Career Growth & Salary||Good||Good||Good|
|Is Specialization Mandatory||Yes||Yes||No|
|Under Graduation||Science or BBM||Accounts||Any Group|
As a HR you have to deal with the employees in the organization, like recruitment, managing employee relations, dealing with trade unions, answering queries of employees regarding their payroll etc.
Career wise HR field is definitely the best choice and salaries will also be good.
Best for Whom
- If you are an extrovert and love to talk with people and want to show some authority over other employees then you can prefer MBA HR.
- But remember dealing with employees is one of the most difficult things.(It is easy to deal with the machines when compared to humans)
- If you are from a Science background in your undergraduation then you can choose MBA HR or marketing depending on your interest.
2. MBA Finance
If you are from accounts background in your under graduation then choosing MBA finance will be the best option for you.
Because you already have some knowledge about basic accounting concepts and it adds an additional advantage to you when you do MBA finance.
Career wise MBA finance definitely has a good scope.
Best for Whom
- If you are from an accounting background.
- If you love to play with excel sheets and numbers.
- You don’t need to be an extrovert to grow in your finance career.
- If you love to learn new concepts in the finance and accounts field.
3. MBA Marketing
Marketing is an evergreen field but you don’t need any MBA marketing specialization to get a marketing job. Except if you are from IIMs and have a specialized MBA in marketing, in remaining cases MBA marketing will not add any great value to grab a job marketing field.
Even MBA HR and finance students & B tech students can also grab marketing jobs, without any specialization in marketing.
But fortunately some universities are offering Marking as a minor specialization which you can do along with HR or finance as a major one.
Best for Whom
- If you want to grow in your life in less time.
- If you are an extrovert and love traveling & talking with new people every day.
- If you want incentives along with your salary.
- If you are planning to start your own business in future then MBA marketing will be the best choice for you.
Finally whichever the socialization you choose, go deep into the subject and gain as much practical knowledge along with academic knowledge.
Can MBA Finance student become HR
In general not, companies want HR specialisation to offer HR related jobs. But if you have high reference in the organisation then you can get an HR job without any specialisation.
Is MBA Finance easy
It is easy if you love the subject, it is not easy if you don’t have any interest towards finance field. So choose you specialisation based on your core interest. But when compared HR and Marketing MBA finance requires more conceptual knowledge.
Which MBA has highest salary
MBA marketing has a high potential to get huge salaries but it depends on your performance in the work. Even MBA HR and finance will also offer decent salaries but marketing has a slight edge.+
Who earns more CA or MBA
Definitely CA will earn more when compared to MBA finance graduate. For an MBA finance students it takes so much of time to reach the salary levels of CA.
What is the minimum salary after MBA
It depends on the location where you want to work and the company in which you want to work. At present, the starting salaries are starting from 2 Lakhs per annum.
- What are HR generalist activities.
- HR generalist interview questions and answers
- Biodata format for Job in Word format
- Resume headlines for MBA HR fresher