One member one EPF account is the motto of employee provident organization and at the same time, it is more beneficial to the EPF members to track all their PF account details at one place even though they change their jobs.
Under One member One EPF account, the multiple EPF accounts of the employees are linked to one UAN. If employees have multiple UANs, still they can merge them and continue with one UAN.
EPFO has provided the online option to easily transfer PF amounts from one EPF account of the EPF member to another EPF account of the employee.
Benefits of One Member One EPF Account
- Easy to download PF passbooks of all EPF account in one place i.e EPF passbook portal.
- Don’t need to link KYC such as Aadhar, bank, and PAN with each PF account whenever the EPF member changes the jobs.
- Easy to transfer PF claims online on the UAN member portal.
- Easy to track the PF claim status such as PF withdrawals and transfers.
- Finally, it is easy to remember one UAN instead of remembering multiple UANs.
One Member One EPF Account Process
Under one member one PF account, EPF members need to transfer their previous comapies PF accounts to their present or new company PF account.
Whenever an employee joins a new job then he will be allotted a new PF account number, but his/her UAN number will not change.
Step 1: Login in the UAN member portal with your UAN and password. If you haven’t set any password till now then click on activate UAN and set a password.
Step 2: Go to online services on the menu bar and select one member one EPF account (transfer request)
Step 3: Now enter your previous company PF account number or UAN & choose present employer or previous employer for attestation.
(I prefer choosing the present employer for attestation, for easy communication process, if any problem arises)
Step 4: Now click on get OTP, and enter the OTP received to your mobile number, and finally submit the transfer claim.
Once you submit the PF transfer claim online then within 20 days your PF amount will be transferred to your new or present PF account. You will get a message after a successful transfer or you can also check the transfer claim status on the UAN member portal.
Online services → Transfer claim status.
- Your bank account number is being verified from the bank: know about this
- Will PF interest stops after 3 years from the date of leaving the job
- what is seeded Aadhar against activated UAN.