There are so many reasons for firing an employee by the employer. But in general, no employer will fire their employees without any cause. When compared to countries like the United States, in India employer will think multiple times to fire a single employee. In USA when an employee works as an at-will employee then he or she will be terminated at any time by their employer. Here you can find some reasons for firing an employee without cause.
Is It Legal To Fire Someone For No Reason
Every state and national government has several labor acts and laws to protect rights of employees. And it is mandatory for the employer to follow those labor laws. But in some rare cases employer has a right to fire their employer without any reason. Here is a list of reasons for firing an employee without cause.
You may also like: Warning Letter For Employee For Mis Conducting
Reasons For Firing An Employee Without Cause
Before terminating an employee, employer must have a valid reason for termination of employment, otherwise when employee puts a case in labour court then employer will fail to win the case.
1. In Subordination In The Workplace: When we are working in a company then it is our responsibility to obey the orders of our superiors. In case if we fail to obey their orders then they have right to fire their employees. But remember no employer has right to terminate their employees for not obeying their personal orders, only professional subordination will cause firing the employee.
2. Poor Performance Of Employee: Employee poor performance is another valid reason for termination of employment. But before terminating an employee due to his or her poor performance employer has to give proper training and enough time to the employee to get the working knowledge. Even after giving training and time also if employee can’t able to gain work knowledge then employer has a right to terminate.
3. Stealing Company Properties: Stealing company properties is another major valid reason for termination of employment. If employer finds their employee stealing any company property then they have complete right to fire the employee, but employer must have valid proof before terminating the employee.
4. Violating Company Policies: Every company has its own policies, as an employee we have to respect them and we should need to work according to those company policies. These policies may include office timings, leave policies, travel policies etc.
5. Taking Alcohol & Drugs In Working Hours: When employees take alcohol and drugs during working hours then the employer has complete right to terminate them.
Do share your opinions on reasons for firing an employee without cause.