If your boss accepts your leave requests through messages then you can request for leave through messages. For example, if you are feeling sick suddenly then you can request your boss for leave like “Dear Sir, Today I am not feeling feel, I think I got a fever so I won’t able to attend my work today, and I am requesting you to kindly allow me to take leave today”.
You can mention other information like when will you return to the work and how many days you need to leave depending on the requirement.
How to Text Your Boss?
- Understand the company policy, before requesting the leave through message check whether your boss accepts your leave request through message or not.
- Always keep your message quick and simple. Don’t write lengthy messages.
- Don’t take leave without the approval of your boss.
- Mention the reason for taking the leave, and don’t need to write a brief description of your problem.
- Send a message directly to your boss, don’t involve colleagues or family members or friends in the leave-taking process.
- If you are not getting a reply from your boss then don’t hesitate to call him directly. (But before that wait for at least 1 hour from the time of sending your message)
Not Feeling Well Message to Your Boss Examples
Message 1: Dear Sir, Today I am not feeling well maybe I got a fever. I am going to the hospital for a checkup so I won’t able to attend my job today. So I am requesting you to please allow me to take a leave today.
Message 2: Good morning sir, From last night onwards I am suffering from fever, so I cannot attend my work today, so please accept my leave request for today.
Message 3: Hello sir, Today I am not feeling well and the doctor told me to take rest for today and I will be back in my work from tomorrow onwards. So kindly consider my leave request.
Message 4: Dear sir, For the last few days I am not feeling well and today the situation became more worst. As per the doctor’s advice, I have to take rest for at least two days. So kindly accept my leave request for today and tomorrow.
Message 5: Hello Sir, As you all know recently I have some health problems, and today I have an appointment with the doctor. So I won’t come to work today, so kindly allow me to take leave today.
Message 6: Dear Sir, This is to intimate you that today I am not feeling feel. I got a fever and I need some rest to become normal. So please grant two days leave for today and tomorrow and I will be back in my work from the day after tomorrow.
Message 7: Respected Sir, Today I won’t able to come to the office because I am suffering from a fever. I had visited the hospital and they gave me medicine and told me to take rest for a minimum of 2 days. So kindly grant me leave for today and tomorrow.
Conclusion: You can send the above leave request messages through SMS or Whatsapp or you can also send them through email. Based on your company policy choose the medium of transferring your message to your boss.