If you are suffering from any illness and not in a position to attend your work then it is better to consult the doctor and at the same time, you need to take the rest to recover fast.
But for that, you have to take the approval of your boss
Tips: How to Say Sick In Email Professionally
1. Subject line: Place a simple & short subject line such as “leave request due to fever” (or) “leave application due to [sickness reason]”.
2. Reason for Sickness: Write the exact reason for your sickness in the mail, whether it is fever, headache, stomachache, vomiting, loose motions, cough, etc.
3. Intimate As early as possible: Send your leave request to your boss as early as possible, so that your boss can plan that day according to your leave.
4. Your plan to recover: Write what steps are you taking to get recover from your illness. It indirectly shows your interest to come back to the work. The steps are like consulting the doctor or taking medicine etc.
5 . Date of leave: Write the exact date on which you are taking the leave.
Sample Sick Leave Email to Boss for One Day
One Day Sick Leave Email Format 1
Sub: One day leave request due to [sickness reason].
I am writing this email to inform you about my illness. I have been suffering from severe fever and headache since last night.
I have taken medicine and I hope I will recover today. So please grant me leave for today i.e on [date].
One Day Sick Leave Email Format 2
Sub: Leave Application due to [Fever].
This is to inform you that I have been suffering from a [fever], therefore I am not in a position to come to the office. I am going to consult the doctor.
So kindly approve my leave request for today i.e on [date].
I shall be thankful to you.
One Day Sick Leave Email Format 3
Sub: Sick leave request for today.
I,[your name]. [designation], writing this to seek your approval to take sick leave today i.e [date].
I am suffering from [sickness reason] so I cannot come to office today.
Therefore please grant me the leave.
Finally after writing all the required information close the email formally by mentioning sincerely (or) regards with your name at the end.
Subject Lines for Short Sick Leave Emails
- Leave request due to [sickness reason]
- Leave application due to [sickness reason]
- Application for leave
- One day leave rquest
- Sick leave request
- Sick leave applicaiton
- Request for sick leave
- [Sickness reason]: Leave request
- Leave request bevause of [sickness reason].
In case your illness doesn’t cure and you want an extension of sick leave then use the below email format.
Extending Sick Leave for One More day Email
Sub: Leave extension request.
This email is regarding my sick leave status, I am not yet recovered from my [sickness reason]. So I request you to extend my sick leave for one more day.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused by me. I hope you understand my situation and kindly grant me the leave for tomorrow i.e on [leave date].
In case of any emergence work, I will be available on my phone.
How to inform about sick leave by email?
You can inform about sick leave in Three ways, by calling your boos, or by sending an SMS, or by sending an email. Out of all sending emails is the most professional way to request leave.
Do you need a medical certificate for one day of sick leave?
In most cases, you don’t need any medical certificate for a one-day sick leave. But it depends on your company leave policies.