As a fresher a functional (or) skill-based resume works better to get your first job, where you highlight your education, skills, project works, achievements, internships, awards, etc. You don’t need to have a fancy resume to get the job, a simple resume focused on your skills will do a better job.
Here are some simple resume formats for freshers which you can download in Word format and modify as per your requirements.
Simple Fresher Resume Formats
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How to create a resume for freshers?
As a fresher your resume should focus on your education and skills and a 1-page resume will be enough for freshers.
Before preparing your resume, study the job description carefully and note down the required skills for that job and match your resume according to that.
(It is recommended to modify your resume every time you apply for a job as per the job requirements)
- Mention your name, mobile number, email ID, and address on top of the resume.
- Affix your latest passport size photograph on the top right-hand side.
- List your educational details from recent to the past.
- Write down your computer skills or any job-relevant skills related to the job.
- Also mention your strengths, project works (if any), and other skills which you possess.
- Write your personal information such as your date of birth, gender, father’s name, nationality, languages, hobbies, etc.
- Mention the declaration statement at the end of the letter and sign it every time you are submitting to HR.
- Finally, proofread the resume and correct any grammar or spelling mistakes.
2. What skills should I list on my resume?
- Technical skills such as your computer skills related to the job and your education.
- Communication skills such as written & verbal skills and interpersonal skills.
- Any other skills such as management skills, problem-solving skills, leadership skills, critical thinking, quick learning, etc.
3. Career Objective or Profile summary which should I mention on my resume?
As a fresher, it is recommended to mention the career objective, after getting the experience you can replace it with the profile summary.
4. What is the best format for a resume?
A chronologic kind of resume is always the best option. It starts with your recent work experiences and last education details.
A good resume format will follow the below order:
- Career objective
- Work experience
- Educational qualification
- Technical skills
- Other Skills
- Profile summary
5. What is a resume title for a fresher?
A resume title is a short statement of your skills, experience, and education details. You need to mention it while creating profiles on job portals like Naukri, Monster, Indeed, etc.