When you want to quit your job with a minimum of two weeks of the notice period, then instead of absconding it is better to write a 2-week notice letter. It makes you look professional and you will receive all the full and final benefits and experience certificates.
Here you can download a sample two-week notice resignation letter templates in Word format for free.
Short & Sweet Two Weeks Notice Letter
Sub: Resignation letter.
This is my resignation from the post of [job title]. I am resigning because I got a better opportunity / to want to change my career/ some personal reasons/health issues.
Therefore kindly accept my resignation so that I can serve my two weeks notice period and my last working date will be [date].
Thank you very much for the opportunity to work here.
Two Weeks Notice Letter Example
Sub: Resignation – Reg.
I, Mukesh Konuru, writing this letter to resign from my job as sales officer at ABC Private Ltd effective from 20 Jan 2022. Kindly consider this is my two weeks notice.
I am leaving this job purely on the basis of my career orientation, I will be always thankful for your support and guidance during my service here.
I hope you accept my resignation.
2 Weeks Notice Letter Template
Sub: Resignation from the position of [your job title].
I would like to inform you that I [your name] resigning from my position as [your designation] at [company name].
Thank you very much for making me part of your team, but due to some personal reasons, I have to leave this job.
Please consider this is my two weeks notice period and my last working date will be [date].
I hope you approve of my resignation.
Two Weeks Notice Resignation Email
Sub: Resignation as [job title] – [Your name]
I am [your name] writing this to apply for resignation from the position of [job title] at [company name] W.E.F [last working date].
I will be always grateful for the opportunity, I acquired so much knowledge and experience by working here. But due to some personal reasons, I have to leave my job.
Please consider this is my two weeks notice letter and kindly approve my resignation.
Tips: How to Write 2 Week Notice Letter/Email
- Write the date on which you are submitting the letter / not required in email.
- Mention the subject line as “resignation letter” or “resignation from the position of [your designation]”.
- Address the letter to your boss, manager, or HR.
- Start the letter with Dear Sir/Madam.
- Write your name, designation, and last working date in the body of the notice letter and tell the employer to consider this is your two weeks notice with resignation.
- Thank the company for giving you an opportunity to work with them.
- Finally, close the letter by placing “sincerely” or “regards” and your name at the end of the letter.
Best Reasons to Mention in Two Week Notice
- On basic of career/professional orientation
- When you got a better job
- Due to personal reasons
- Due to family problems
- Because of health issues
- To pursue a new career
- To continue education
- To prepare for government jobs
- To start your own business.
1. Can an employer deny two weeks notice letter?
Yes, the chances are there depending on the company’s termination rules. You can find those details in your appointment letter.
2. Is two-week notice 10 or 14 working days?
It is 14 days including holidays from the date of acceptance of your resignation. But depending upon your relationship with the employer you can leave the job before or after 14 days as well.
3. Is giving one week’s notice Ok?
It depends on your employment contract which you agreed on while joining the job.
The notice period is needed to hand over your duties to a new employee or to your colleagues, if your job doesn’t need that then your employer may allow you to quit the job even with 1 week’s notice.
4. Should I type or write my 2-week notice letter?
You can submit it both ways, or you can also send your resignation through email.
5. Is it better to be fired or Quit?
It is always better to leave your job with proper resignation, otherwise, you will face problems while joining your new job.
6. Which time of the day is best to resign?
It is better to submit your resignation in the afternoon (or) after the end of the day. Make sure your boss has enough free time and is in a good mood.
7. Do you submit a Two-week notice on Monday or Friday?
It is better to submit your resignation in the middle of the week, like Wednesday or Thursday, so that you will know the decision by the next working day.
- Simple and short resignation emails to the manager.
- Resignation withdrawal letter formats in Word format.