What is Attestation through Previous Employer Means

When an EPF member wants to transfer the PF amount from the previous PF account to present PF account then he can have two options to process the PF transfer process, they are through approval of the previous employer or through approval of the present employer.

If the employer chooses the previous employer while the PF transfer process in the UAN member portal then the PF transfer request will go to the previous employer and they have to approve it in their employer PF portal.

Simply attestation through a previous employer means your PF transfer request has to be approved by the previous employer with their digital signature.

If you choose attestation through a present employer then your transfer request will go to your present employer and they have to approve it in their employer PF Portal.

Previous employer attestation or present employer attestation which is best for PF transfer?

It is always better to choose present employer to attest your PF tarnsfer request, because while you are working with present employer it will become easy for you to follow up with them.

And if is there any problem arises during your PF transfer then you can easily solve it by taking support of your present employer. So I always recommend you to choose your present employer attestatin for PF transfer process.

If by mistake if you have chosen a previous employer, then you don’t need to worry. It is not a problem, if they don’t approve your request within 7 days then just mail them or call them or visit them directly. Attesting PF transfer requests by employers is an easy process and it doesn’t take more than 2 minutes.

24 thoughts on “What is Attestation through Previous Employer Means”

  1. Hi Sir,

    i have 1 UAN 2 PF number i want to transfer my 2 PF to current employer. I try to transfer bt the attenstation through present employer is disabled so i cant able to transfer. What is the reason of present employer select box is unavailable/ disabled.

  2. I worked with an organisation for less than two months and took a break of 3 months before joining my current employer. However, the less than 2 months working period, I did not disclose to my current employer and justified an overall 5 months of break period in my career.

    Prior to joing the current organisation and the last one (where I worked for less than 2 months), I worked for an organisation for more than 7 years. Now I want to transfer my previous pf balance to the current organisation.

    Will my current employer will come to know about it if I transfer my pf with them?

    Please guide,

    • It is better to transfer your PF from your first company to the current company.
      Once your position becomes safe in your current job, then you can transfer your second company’s PF to the current company (or) even to the future companies you work for.
      There is no need to do all PF transfers immediately, you can wait until your job gets more secure.

  3. can i go directly to epfo office to correct my Date of Birth,if so which documents to submit only pan card is approved by the present employer

    • (If the date of birth difference is less than 3 years then you can correct it online on UAN Portal,
      If it is above 3 years you need to visit the PF office)
      You need to submit PF joint declaration form along with
      copies of your Aadhar and any date of birth proofs like the 10th marks list or passport.
      But PF joint declaration form should be signed by the employer.

  4. I have 1 UAN and 2 PF accounts
    One is from the previous employer which I left in sept 2020
    One is current employer which I join in Feb 2022
    Can I withdraw money from my previous PF account? OR I need to merge ?

  5. Hi when am trying request for online pf transfer as soon as i enter my uan and give present employer i am getting error as no employemnet details linked to thhis uan, i even tried by giving member id but i am getting same error. please suggest me

    • Please check that UAN related PF passbook, may be your employer hasn’t made any contribution to it.
      If it is showing the amount, register a complaint on the EPF grievance portal.
      (Also, make sure that the details on both of your UANs are matching.)

  6. If I select attestation through current employer, then current employer can get to know details about my previous employer?? Thanks in advance

    • Yes, your current employer can see your previous company details.
      They check all those details only when they have any doubt, otherwise, most employers approve it without much verification.

  7. Hello Sir,
    I selected Previous employer for attestation. Now do I need to submit the form 13 to them ? Or what should be the next step ?

    • Submit form 13 online for PF transfer and your previous employer will approve it on their employer PF portal, After their approval, it has to be approved by your PF office.

  8. I selected previous employer attestation, but that establishment is closed now, can my current establishment approve ?? if not how do I proceed with it now ?
    Thanx in advance

    • You can register a complaint on the PF grievance portal to cancel the previous transfer request.
      After cancellation make a fresher transfer request through current employer attestation.


Leave a Comment