Reporting manager or boss regarding work updates is a regular process in every organization. Some managers want daily reports from their subordinates regarding the work process. The main aim behind this is it brings a habit of accountability in employees and at the same time, the progress of the work will also be measured on a regular basis.
Tips to write an email to the manager regarding work updates
- Describe all the recent updates which have taken place in that particular work. Mention previous updates only when they are required.
- Keep the email simple and short.
- Involve other members who were participated in fulfilling the work. You can involve them by adding in CC.
- Attached required documents.
- Always ask for feedback from your manager.
Email format 1
Sub: Regarding updates on _____ work.
This to inform you that we almost finished the work related to __________. And I am also attaching the supporting documents which give complete information about work progress.
To proceed further we need your feedback about the work completed till now. So please find the attached documents and give your valuable feedback.
Email Format 2
Sub: Regarding work update
Here I would like to inform you regarding the recent progress in our work, with the support of all the team members we are going to finish this work very soon. But we need your valuable feedback on the work which we have completed till now.
And please find the attached documents related to work progress.