Under section 192 of the income tax act,1961 every employer should deduct TDS form employee salary. These deducted TDS details are acknowledged in form 16 (TDS certificate). Here you can download auto income tax calculator for fy 2018-19 (ay 2019-20) or form 16 in Excel format for AY 2019-20 with an example. This form 16 is updated as per the recent changes according to interim budget 2019.
Latest changes in Income Tax Rules as per Budget 2019
- A rebate of 12,500 Rs has given to the salaried employees up to a taxable income of 5 Lakhs i.e if your taxable income is below 5 lakhs then you don’t need to pay any income tax.
- (For example, if your taxable income is 5 lakhs then you don’t need to pay any income tax, earlier employees need to pay 5% tax on amount more than 2.5 Lakhs. But now due to this rebate, you are exempted from the tax. But if your taxable income is 5,50,000 then you are liable to pay income tax. You need to pay 5% tax on 2.5 Lakhs and 20% tax on remaining 50000).
- Standard deduction has increased to 50000 Rs, earlier it was 40000 Rs.
- The limit of interest income for TDS has increased to 40000 Rs, earlier it was 10000 Rs.
- The limit of rental income for TDS has increased to 2.4 Lakhs, earlier it was 1.8 Lakhs.
Income Tax Slab Rates for Ay 2019-20
Form 16 Part A Sample Filled
Form 16 Part B Sample Filled
Also read: How to Fill Form 15G for PF Withdrawal
How to Fill Form 16 for Salary With Example
Salaried employees whose annual salary is above 2.5 Lacs are eligible for form 16. Simply form 16 is a TDS certificate which acknowledges that tax deducted from your salary. Form 16 consist of 2 parts. Part A consists of details of the employee and employer. Part B consists of salary details of employee and tax exempted allowances.
Every employee whose annual gross salary is more than 2.5 Lacs can get form 16 from their employer. The employer can provide your form 16 by downloading it from TRACES website by using their TAN number. If you want to know more details about form 16 then read this example.
Form 16 Related Questions
Difference between form 16 and form 16A
Form 16 and form 16A both are TDS certificates, whereas form 16 is used to file returns on income from salary and form 16A is used to file returns on income other than salary, for example, interest from fixed deposits in banks, income from house rents etc.
Difference between form 16 and form 26AS
Form 26AS is the annual statement of income tax returns it consists of details of form 16, form 16A and refunds. Form 26AS shows complete details about IT returns of the employees.
Can we download form 16 online
Yes, if the tax is deducting from the income then you can download your form 16 or form 16A online at TRACES website. If you are a first time user then you need to register at TRACES website (Tax Reconciliation Analysis and Correction Enabling System). If you are an employee then you can get form 16 from your employer.
Last date to file income tax returns for ay 2019-20
The last date to file income tax returns for ay 2019-20 is 31 July. Any delay in filing income tax returns leads to 1% interest per month on pending tax dues. For more details read this article on interests on late payment of income tax.