EPF members who are contributing under exempted trusts will generally see this message when they want to check their PF balance in the PF passbook portal. Here the exempted establishment means they run their own EPF trust. So the PF related information like employee contribution and employer contribution will be available in their database only.
So when an employee who belongs to an exempted establishment and tries to download his PF passbook then he will see a message “pertain to the exempted establishment. PF balance service is not available for trust.”
For example, if you are working in Adecco ( it is an example of exempted trust) then you cand download your PF passbook only in the Adecco website, not in the actual PF passbook portal.
How to Download PF passbook for Exempted Trust
There are two ways you can get your PF contribution statement from exempted establishments, one is by simply contacting your company HR and another one is downloading it from your company website.
1. Contact HR
You can easily get your PF statement by contacting the human resource department in your organization. It is the responsibility of every HR to assist the employees whenever they need any information related to PF.
2. Download it from the company website
Most companies provide online system to check the PF details of the employee. If your company also has such a system then you can easily download your PF passbook online.
How to transfer PF from exempted to the unexempted establishment
Things required to transfer PF from exempted to unexempted
- PF statement from the previous company
- Annexure K from the previous company
- Cheque on the name of the new PF office of the employee by previous employer.
- Letter from the previous employer to the PF office to deposit PF amount in new PF account of the employee
- Letter from the new employer to the PF office to deposit that cheque in the employee PF account.
So, total 5 documents, the employee has to submit to the present PF office.