Sexual harassment at workplace is one of the biggest problems that majority of the women employees are facing in India, not only in India this is a common problem around the globe. In today’s generation, there is no difference in between female employees and male employees. Both are doing their best, in some cases, female employees work more efficiently than male employees. But this sexual harassment and mental harassment at work place is becoming a barrier to the development of a nation.
Direct & Indirect Behaviours Which Will Be Treated As Sexual Harassment At Workplace
- Unwanted and unnecessary physical contacts.
- Verbal and non-verbal comments related to sexuality.
- Making comments on the physical structure of individuals.
- Forcing individual to watch pornography.
- Demanding and requesting others to do sexual favors.
The above behaviors will be considered as some major sexual harassment behaviors at workplace. The government of India has implemented an act called Sexual Harassment Of Women At Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act 2013. The main aim of this act is to protect women workers at their work place. This act is applicable to every organization which has 10 or more than 10 employees.
Also Read: Warning Letter To Employee For Mis Conduct
How To Write Salary Negotiation Letter Sample
How To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Workplace
- It is a primary responsibility of every organization’s management to educate their employees about consequences of sexual harassment at workplace and how it is going to affect their careers.
- Whenever any case arises related to sexual harassment then it must be processed through proper legislations.
- Freedom for women employees to complain whenever they are sexually harassed.
- Sticking notices related to sexual harassment at the work place.
- Encouraging a culture in organizations where everyone must be treated equally.
- Developing the individual discipline to respect women workers at work place.
Do share your opinions and doubts on how to deal with sexual harassment at organization’s workplace.