It is always a good idea to thank your boss and colleague while leaving your job. It helps you maintain an effective relationship with your employer & coworkers. You can express your gratitude for opportunities, support, guidance, encouragement, and cooperation during your term of office.
The thank you message after the resignation must include your appreciation, last work date, and contact information.
Below are a few examples of thank you emails and messages that you can send to your boss and colleagues after your resignation.
Thank you Mails After Resignation
Sub: Thank you very much.
As my resignation has been accepted, I wish to thank the management of [company name] for the opportunity to work with you.
To all of my colleagues, thank you for your cooperation.
I would like to specifically thank my boss [Manager name], for his/her continuous support and encouragement.
Please stay in touch with me at my no. 9456XXXX25. I wish everyone and the company every success going forward.
Sub: Thank you so much.
I wish to inform you that I have received a new job offer and my resignation was also approved. I want to take this opportunity to thank our company for all the opportunities and support. I learned a lot here. But I must leave all of you.
My last day on the job will be [Date]. Thank you again for your support and co-operation. You can always reach me on my mobile number 8254XXXX50 and my email id firstname.lastname@example.org
I wish you and the company success in future endeavors.
Sub: Thanks a lot.
Please note that I will be resigning from my position as [job title] at [company name] effective from [date].
I really appreciate working with all of you. However, for personal reasons, I must resign from that position.
A special thanks to my manager [name] for his continued support and guidance. I also thank my team members [name 1], [name 2], and [name 3] for their cooperation
You can reach me at my personal no. 9275XXXX50 (or) email id email@example.com
I wish you, as well as the company, every success.
Sub: I really thank you.
I am writing to inform you personally that my resignation has been accepted and my last work date at [company name] will be [date].
I am forever grateful for every opportunity provided by the company, I have become more confident, committed, a good team player, and experienced.
I leave this role because of career prospects and personal growth. I need your best wishes and your blessings for success in my career.
Finally, I want to thank my boss Mr. /Ms. [Boss name] for his/her constant encouragement and support, You have always been an inspiration.
Sub: I am very grateful to you.
I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude and say goodbye. I will no longer be employed as [position title] in [company name] effective [date].
I have learned many things over the course of my time here. Working with you all is an amazing experience that I can cherish my whole life. I hope our paths meet again one day.
Really sad to leave this company and all of you.
Please save my personal no. 9456XXXX50 and email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
I wish you and this company continued success.
Short Messages to Boss
- Thank you so much for your support and encouragement throughout my tenure. You’ve been an inspiration to me.
- I value every opportunity you have given me, without your support and guidance, I have never held this position in my career.
- I have learned a lot from you and truly appreciate you, you are such a good leader.
- As I am excited about my new job opportunity, however, I am very saddened to leave our company. You are an outstanding leader and a true source of inspiration.
- Today is my final day in the company, thank you for your support and encouragement. Looking forward to working with you again in the future.
- This is my last day in our company. I owe you a debt of gratitude.
- I am very fortunate to work under a boss like you, your support and guidance have been invaluable. I hope to have the opportunity to work with you in the future.
Short Messages to Colleagues After Resignation
- As you all know I am leaving my job at [company name] as I got a new job offer. Thank you very much for your kind support. I hope our paths cross again in the future.
- Sadly, 14 Aug 20XX will be my last day of work in [company name]. I miss all of you.
- It was amazing to work together, 21 Aug 20XX is my last work date. Good luck to everyone.
- It has been a pleasure working with everyone. I spent a really nice time working here. I hope our paths will come across one again.
- I resigned from this job because I had another job offer. Sorry to miss you guys. Thanks for a great time.
- I am writing to inform you that my resignation has been accepted and that 21 Sep 20XX will be my last workday. Thank you for your continuous support and guidance.
- 05 Oct 20XX will be my last day at work. I really enjoyed working with you all these years. Missing you a lot. Keep in contact, please.
Inspirational Messages After Resignation
- This is to inform everyone that my resignation has been accepted and my last day of work will be 25 Aug 20XX. Wishing you and the entire [company name] great success ahead.
- As you all know, my resignation has been accepted and my last day on the job is 27 Sep 20XX. I hope you will all continue to work hard and dedicate yourselves to greater success in the future.
- 01 Sep 2023 will be my last day of work at [Company name]. You’re all doing excellent work. I wish you continued success.
- As I am leaving my job at [company name], I want to appreciate your hard work and dedication. You are all a great team, lots of other great achievements are waiting for you in the future.
- I want to express my deep appreciation for all your support and kindness. Even though I am leaving this company, I always pray for the success of you and the company. I wish you a great deal of success.
Thank You Mails for Accepting my Resignation
- Thank you for the acceptance of my resignation. It is a great journey working at [company name]. I am always indebted to your kind support and guidance. I ensure a smooth transition and that all of my pending work is completed before my last work date.
- I deeply appreciate your understanding and accepting my resignation. I am grateful for every opportunity you have provided.
- Thank you for understating my decision. I shall never forget your support and encouragement throughout these years. I will ensure proper handover of all my duties before my last working date.
- Thank you for accepting my resignation. I will finish all pending tasks and ensure a smooth transition during my notice period. Please let me know if I need to finalize anything before my last work date.
- Respectfully, I would like to thank you for accepting my resignation. It is a great opportunity for me to work with you and your team. I will complete all outstanding work during my notice period, and please let me know if there are specific tasks that need to be completed before my last work date.
Reasons for Leaving a Job with a Thank You Message.
- It is time to be grateful: When you express your gratitude for accepting your resignation, it reflects your professionalism.
- Gives Positive Impression: Writing a thank you message or email will create a positive impression in view of the employer. It helps you make a smooth transition from your job.
- Maintains relationship: Even if you are no longer part of your company after you resign, It is always advisable to maintain your relationship with your company and your team, this is part of networking. Who knows, in the future, you can rejoin the same company in a better role.
- Personal Satisfaction: It is immensely satisfying when you express your gratitude. Specifically, when you resign and thank your company, it gives great pleasure.
- Smooth Transition: Sending you a thank you message immediately after resignation helps in a smooth transition, handing over job responsibilities and full & final settlement.
Tips: How to Say Thank You After Resignation
- Subject Line: Use simple subject lines like Thank you for your support, Many thanks, etc.
- Express gratitude: You should thank the company as well as your team members.
- Last working date: Mention your last working date at work.
- Reference specific instances: If you would like to remember certain achievements or memorable moments, share them in your thank you message.
- Proofread: Check for grammar and spelling mistakes before sending a thank you message.