Personal life is more important than family life. If you are not happy in your personal life especially with your family, then you cannot focus on your work. In this situation, it is better to take some time to settle your family matters.
Some family problems are very personal, you can keep them private. You don’t need to mention the exact reason while writing the resignation letter, you can just mention that you are resigning due to family/personal problems.
In case you are resigning because of your family members’ health issues then you can mention that reason in the resignation letter.
Here are some best resignation letter formats due to family problems which you can download in Word format.
Resignation Letter Due to Family Problems (Format 1)
Sub: Resignation due to family problems.
Please accept this as my formal resignation from the post of [your designation] in [department] at [company name] due to some family problems.
As I have some emergency family matters to fix, I couldn’t able to continue my job. I am always grateful for your support and guidance during my last __ years of service.
Kindly treat this as my two-month notice period and my last working date will be [date].
I hope you approve of my resignation.
Immediate Resignation Letter Due to Family Problems (Format 2)
Sub: Resignation letter because of family problems.
I regret to inform you that I am [your name] resigning from the position of [job title] at [company name] with an immediate effect (or) from tomorrow onwards due to some family problems.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused by me, I have taken this decision to pay more attention to my family otherwise it will have a serious impact on my personal life.
Therefore I am requesting you to please accept my resignation.
Thank you very much for the opportunity to work here.
Teacher Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons (Format 3)
Sub: Resignation due to family reasons.
This letter is to inform you that I would like to resign from my position as a [science teacher] at [school name]. Kindly consider this is my one-month notice period and my last working date will be [date].
I have made this decision because of some family reasons, which I have to settle.
I am always indebted to you for the job opportunity.
I am sorry for quitting the job, I hope you understand and approve my resignation.
Resignation Email Duet to Family Problems
Sub: Resignation for the position of [your designation]
I would like to inform you that I am [your name] resigning from the position of [job title] at [company name] because of some personal family problems. Please consider this as my notice period of one month and my last working date will be [date].
Thank you for making me a part of your team, I will be always grateful for your support and guidance during my entire service. However, sadly I have to quit my job.
Therefore kindly accept my resignation.
Tips: How Do I Resign for Family Problems
- Know your company termination policy before submitting your resignation, sometimes you need to complete the notice period to leave your job. You can find those details in your job appointment letter.
- If you are ready to serve the notice period then you can write a resignation letter to your boss/manager. You also need to mention the last working date in the letter.
- If you want to resign with immediate effect then it is better to discuss with your boss directly before submitting any resignation, even you can negotiate about the notice period as well.
- If you do not want to share your exact family problem then you keep it secret. Just mention resignation reasons as family problems or family issues.
- Finally thank your company for giving you the opportunity to work there.
1. What are family reasons to resign?
Family problems are like disputes with relatives, misunderstandings between family members, divorces and health issues of family members, etc.
2. Can I quit my job immediately due to family issues?
If your job doesn’t have any notice period then you can quit it immediately, if it has a notice period then either you have to complete it (or) you have to negotiate with your management.
3. What happens if I quit my job without any resignation?
Companies will put you on their backlist and you don’t receive your full and final settlement benefits and experience certificate. Which may cause problems in your next job interview.