Solution: Details of Previous Account are Different than Present Account During PF Transfer

The main reasons for the error is “Details of previous account are different than present account, Hence claim request cannot be processed” is your date of exit. If there is no date of exit for your previous PF account then you will get this error. Now EPF members can update their date of exit without employer help in UAN member portal.

Once you update your date of exit in PF portal for your old PF account, then mostly your problem willbe solved.

Details of previous account are different than present account, Hence claim request cannot be processed

Other Reasons for This Problem

Other reasons for this error are the differences between the details present in your previous PF account and current PF account.

Generally, this problem arises for EPF accounts which have created before mandatory submission of Aadhar for PF number generation. At that time employers have generated PF numbers and UAN numbers without giving proper information of employees.

But at present every UAN number is generated based on the information present on the Aadhar card. Now this example will clear your doubt.

For example, an employee wants to transfer his PF from his previous PF account to new PF account, both have same UAN, but his previous employer entered his name as K Eswar and current employer registered him as Konuru Eswar in PF portal. So this small difference also not allow the employee to transfer his PF amount.

In the same way, the difference in date of birth, father name, gender will also cause this error.

But before confirming this problem you must check:

  1. Whether your KYC details are linked with your UAN number or not.
  2. Whether DOE (Date of Exit)  is mentioned for your previous PF account or not.

Because the above are the minimum requirements for online PF transfer

PF online transfer requirements

How to Check Mismatch of Details in Previous PF Account and Current PF Account

1. If you have different UAN numbers linked to both the PF numbers then you can check your details online by login at UAN member portal and further going to profile section.

Details of previous account are different than present account Solution

2. If your both PF account numbers are linked to same UAN then you can check only your present PF account details at UAN member portal. But you can check your name in previous PF account by downloading your PF passbook. Because you can get separate PF passbooks for all the PF accounts. But to know your other details like DOB, father details, the gender you need to contact your previous employer who created that PF account.

PF passbook for Two accounts

Solution: Details of Previous Account are Different than Present Account Problem

Here I have listed Three possible solutions, which may help you for successful PF transfer.

Solution 1: Transfer your PF amount Offline

Hence the online system is not allowing to transfer your PF amount due to the mismatch of details present in previous PF account and new PF account, you need to submit PF transfer form 13 to PF office for transferring your PF amount.

When you submit transfer form offline then these small errors will not cause any problem. PF officials manually check your details and in case of minor errors, they will ignore them and transfer your PF amount to your current PF account.

Solution 2: Withdraw PF and Pension Amount From the Previous Account

If you are in need of money, then you can avail this solution. But remember you cannot able to withdraw your PF amount online from previous PF account (If you have Two UANs then you can do that).

So, in this case, submit EPF composite claim form Aadhar or Non-Aadhar and write your previous PF account number on that and submit it to PF office along with a canceled cheque or bank passbook copy.

Solution 3: Correct your PF Details

If your previous PF account details are not correct then you can correct them by submitting the PF joint declaration. You need to write your PF number and UAN on the top side of this form and submit it to your PF office through your previous employer.

PF joint declaration form

If your present PF account details are wrong then you can correct your PF details online at UAN portal or in offline by using PF joint declaration form.

After submitting this form to PF office within 30 days your PF details will be corrected. After correction, you can transfer your PF amount.

Also Read: How to Solve No Previous Employment Details Found Against This UAN 

43 thoughts on “Solution: Details of Previous Account are Different than Present Account During PF Transfer”

  1. Hi,
    I have 2 UAN numbers and my details are linked with previous UAN number which was with previous employer. I’m not able to seed my new UAN number with Aadhar card. Also I’m not able to claim PF amount from the previous UAN but I’m able to view the passbook and amount. Kindly help as in how can I close previous UAN and transfer it to the new UAN account.

      • Hi, I joined i got selected in a company but couldn’t join… Still the company has created my PF account after mailing them they mentioned same DOJ and DOE. After 3 months i joined same company but different branch there i worked for 3 months. Now i am not working and want FNF but when i am trying to transfer my pf from previous (where i couldn’t join) to present (where i worked for 3 months) but error is showing details of previous account is different than present account and the company is same but the branch is different Please help me.

        • It happens when there is any differences in name, dob in your two PF accounts, so please check and correct the wrong details.
          If there is no difference in details, but still facing the problem, register a complaint on the EPF grievance portal website.

  2. Hi team
    I worked for >10 years in a company when the EPFO was not online, after that joined new company. now i saw that my old company service details are not visible in the passbook. I approached local PF office but they refused saying that they don’t have manual data now as every thing is computersied and they have obseleted the records and hence can not help. I lodged online grievence to EPFO also but no output. Due to this I will be loosing 10 year of service while getting pension at the time of retirement. How can this issue be resolved

    • If you have that PF account number then you can transfer the PF amount to your new PF account.
      If you don’t know the PF number also then visit your previous employer to know it.

  3. I m trying to transfer my pf account from old UAN to new UAN. Both uan name is same as per adhar card. But the pf member account name in under old UAN is pratiksha pais and new pf account name is as per adhar card pratiksha Melvin pais. My transfer claim is getting rejected with reason member name differs , father’s name differs . Pls help me what to do, as UAN name old n new both is same – pratiksha Melvin pais but the member I’d name of old pf account has middle name missing. Since UAN name is correct as per adhar, I m unable to make anymore changes. I don understand y claim is rejected If UAN names are same n matching n how do I rectify this issue of difference in pf account names. Kindly help

    • If you have two UANs, then it means you have two PF accounts.
      You have to correct the wrong details before PF transfer.
      If you are unable to correct the wrong names associated with any of your PF accounts then you have to submit PF joint declaration form and Aadhar copy to the respective regional PF office to which that PF account belongs.

  4. Hi Team,

    I joined company but after 2 days immediately i left because of some personal family problem.
    After some time i joined XYZ New company now i am trying to transfer PF from previous worked employer to present XYZ company but while transfer online present PF account is showing for ABC company it should show XYZ new company. I can see the DOF for ABC company .. I sent mail to regarding the same and called helpline number 1800118005 but there is no response from mail and helpline number always disconnecting. Can anyone suggest what to do in this case.d

  5. the last contribution by the company after 2 months(Nov) from my last working date(Sep). so in portal it shows only Nov month calender. so i unable to submit the correct Date of Exit. Plz advise

  6. IF A Employees Exit Date of Previos Compny is Same of Present Company Joining Date , So How Can I Transfer Previous Account Amount in Present .

  7. Sir/Madam,
    Pls tell me what is the solution for this

    Details of previous account are different than present account. Hence claim request cannot be processed.

    • i.e your details in previous PF account like your name, dob, gender are not matching with your details in present PF account. So you need to correct the wrong details.

  8. Respected sir,
    I am unable to transfer pf from previous organization to current the reason is that i left the second organization in few days due to that no pf was added to current ID and its showing present employer has not not made payment in your pf account due to which its not showing any transfer request option.Please help

  9. Why I am getting this error ” Details Of Previous Account Are Different Than Present Account. Hence Claim Request Cannot Be Processed”..

    Please help on this.

  10. Hi. I absconded from my Previous company . I worked there for 6 Months. But now the Previous company HR is not willing to put the date of exit in the UAN. What should i do now?

  11. I want to transfer my first company PF to current account, both are under 1 UAN. When I try to transfer the I get message “Details of previous account are different than present account. Hence claim request cannot be processed.”. My previous employer not entered Date Of Exit, please explain the procedure for that, how to transfer.

  12. hi sir,
    i am Amit . i joined ABC co. in 2015 nd in 2016 co. has been take shutoff. after that i joined a new XYZ co. in 2017 to june 2019 with the same UAN no. now i have withdraw my XYZ co. pf contributed amount this month nd still my ABC co. (whose has been shutdown) pf amt. are pending .
    (Details of previous account are different than present account. Hence claim request cannot be processed) but now my prev. employer are not available due to shut off. i check, details are differ , but passbook is updated till now. how i can withdraw my pf amt?
    pls suggest me.

    • Hi Amit Sharma,
      You can transfer your PF amount from your previous company to a new company, you can do this online at UAN portal or offline by submitting PF transfer form 13 to your PF office. You don’t need your previous employer’s approval for PF transfer.

  13. Hello
    My Name is Benkili Srinivas
    Details of previous account are different than present account. Hence claim request cannot be processed.This is the Problem Iam facing while trying to TRansfor My Pf from previous organasation so kindly please help me with right sloution

    • Hi Srinivas Benkii,
      Your details should match in both PF account, so you should correct the wrong PF account details by using PF joint declaration form or you can withdraw that PF amount by submitting PF composite claim form non aadhar directly to your PF office.

  14. sir mera first pf second pf me transfer nahi ho raha
    kyoki mene 18 din baad purani comny me resin diya tha

    aur use pehle new comny me join kr liya tha
    to mera pf dono compy me cut gya aur date of living 18 din baad ki ho gyi
    new joing 18 din pehle ki kya mera pf trnsfer nahi ho skta

    • Hi Sandeep,
      You will get this message when the details like your name, dob are not same in both your PF accounts, so you need to correct the wrong details.

  15. hi sir my PF not transfer due to date of Exit (5 April) & New Company Date Of joining (2 April) issue , i talk to current Employer for this issue but he was not give me proper response , Is there any way i can transfer/ withdrawal PF Amount ,


Leave a Comment